Outside of a Safeway in El Paso County, Colorado a young woman is allegedly trying to register voters, but she has a little scam going. She first says she is taking a poll and asks if you support Romney or Obama. If you say Obama she says ok, thanks you, and moves on. If you say Romney she will ask you if you are registered to vote and if not, she will attempt to register you.
This is a transcript of the incident:
- Worker: “Hi mam.”
- Woman: “Hi.”
- Worker: “I am polling people but would you vote for Romney or Obama?”
- Woman:”Well wait, I thought you were registering voters a minute ago?”
- Worker:”I am. I am.”
- Woman:”Ok. And who are you registering? All voters?
- Worker:”Well I am actuallytrying to register people for a particular party because,we’re out here in support of Romney, actually. I am.”
- Woman: “And who’s paying you for this?”
- Worker: “Oh, um, let me see…we’re working for the County Clerk’s office.”
- Woman: “Okay you cannot come out here and register one party, lady, are you working for the County Clerk’s office? I got it all on tape. You’re working for the County Clerk’s Office?”
- Worker: “I believe so, yes.”
- Woman: “And you’re only registering Republicans?”
- Worker: “Nope.”
- Woman: “You said, we’re only registering Romney people.”
- Worker: “Well, we’re trying to, to be honest.”
- Woman: “And you’re working for County’s Office? What’s your name?”
- Worker: “Mam my name is *beep*”
- Woman: “Thanks *beep*. That’s all I need, honey bunch.”
the republican party is the party of projection
everything they say democrats do, they do.
The Beslan school hostage crisis (also referred to as the Beslan school siege or Beslan massacre) of early September 2004 lasted three days and involved the capture of over 1,100 people as hostages (including 777 children), ending with the death of over 380 people. The crisis began when a group of armed separatist militants, mostly Ingush and Chechen, occupied School Number One (SNO) in the town of Beslan, North Ossetia (an autonomous republic in the North Caucasus region of the Russian Federation) on 1 September 2004. The hostage-takers were the Riyadus-Salikhin Battalion, sent by the Chechen separatist warlord Shamil Basayev, who demanded an end to the Second Chechen War and Russian withdrawal from Chechnya. On the third day of the standoff, Russian security forces entered the building with the use of tanks, incendiary rockets and other heavy weapons. At least 334 hostages were killed as a result of the crisis, including 186 children, with a significant number of people injured and reported missing.
September 04, 2004. © Dmitry Khrupov/Novye Izvestia/epa
Near Space Balloon Flight, shot with HD HERO cameras from GoPro
Arctic ice shrinks to all-time low; half 1980 size
This image made available by NASA shows the amount of summer sea ice in the Arctic on Sunday, Sept. 16, 2012, at center in white, and the 1979 to 2000 average extent for the day shown, with the yellow line. Scientists say sea ice in the Arctic shrank to an all-time low of 1.32 million square miles on Sunday, Sept. 16, 2012, smashing old records for the critical climate indicator. That’s 18 percent smaller than the previous record set in 2007. Records go back to 1979 based on satellite tracking.
that’s where i will be
when life starts to collide.
bankers and bookstores burn to the sky,
our influence forced online.
live from the lake yet so hard to find,
loving and laughing, exploring my mind.
with friends and with bugs, the creepy crawly kind.
with rows of old books and trees you can climb.
amidst mist and minerals, crystals that shine.
forest flora and fauna, water and light.
where wild flowers replace roses,
and existence frees time.
Everyone and everything is interconnected in this universe. Stay pure of heart and you will see the signs. Follow the signs and you will uncover your destiny.
—Jeff, Who Lives at Home